Welcome Invited Speakers and Moderators
Invited Speakers and Moderators will be sent a speaker confirmation letter that includes detailed information regarding the processes you will need to complete for your speaking role.
NOTE: Information on this page applies to Invited Speakers and Moderators for Concurrent and Plenary Sessions. Abstract Presenters (Oral/Platform and Poster) should refer to the Abstracts Section of the website for appropriate instructions.
Invited Speakers/Moderators: CLICK HERE TO LOG IN with the Login Name and Password that was sent in your speaker confirmation email.
Click on the Invited Speaker/Moderator log in link and on the next several pages you will be asked to complete the following:
1. Review and update (if necessary) your contact information.
2. Speaker Forms - All speakers and moderators must complete the following forms:
- Conflict of Interest/Disclosure Form (Required for ACCME – speakers with Conflicts may be contacted up to three weeks prior to the meeting for a review of slides by the ACMG CME Subcommittee)
- HIPAA Authorization (verifies authorization to use patient identifiable information if applicable).
- Speaker Release (allows ACMG to publish/distribute your materials as conference recordings distributed or made available for sale to attendees, in downloadable handouts, as webcasts, or in other media - online, printed, video, audio, etc.)
3. Abstracts of Invited Session: Invited speakers and moderators may submit an Abstract of their talk. This is voluntary and there will be a section in the Invited Speaker Center - to upload an Abstract, type in an Abstract, select to submit the Abstract at a later date (as an invited speaker the deadline to submit is different than the regular Abstract Submission process) OR indicate that you will not submit an Abstract of your presentation.
4. Handouts: Invited speakers and moderators are encouraged to provide handouts of their sessions as there is a great demand among attendees for speaker handouts. There will be a section in the Invited Speaker Center where you can upload handouts when you complete the speaker forms, or you may come back at a later date (closer to the meeting when you have completed your presentation) to upload your handout(s).
HANDOUT CONSIDERATIONS: Handouts are made available online only for attendees to print as needed, saving time and printing costs. You may submit as many handouts as you wish - they may be supplements to your presentation, highlights of your PowerPoint presentation, references, etc. We do ask that you submit these in PDF format in the smallest possible file size. Many attendees print these out at the Cyber Cafes once on site and large files are slow to download, causing lines and delays. Number of pages should also be limited to avoid lengthy printing on-site.
Invited Speaker/Moderator - Registration, Hotel and Travel Information
REGISTRATION: Annual Meeting Registration is complimentary for INVITED speakers and moderators, however speakers and moderators are responsible for self-registration. When registering enter the Speaker Code provided to you in the Registration Discount Code box on the Conference Registration Fees page. This code will waive your Registration fee only. If you chose the “Best Value Option “ which includes the recorded content of the meeting, or later in the registration process register a guest, or select any other fee based session – i.e. a Short Course or luncheon with a fee – you will be charged for those items. If you need the Speaker Discount code resent to you - please send the request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to register now.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Reservations must be made through ACMG’s official housing partner onPeak. Housing will open in October 2011. You can make hotel reservations immediately following the registration process by clicking the link provided on the registration confirmation page. If you make hotel reservations separately from your registration – select the category “Speaker” from the drop down menu and when asked for a “hotel access code” – enter the hotel access code provided to you by ACMG. (If you need this access code resent - send request to email@example.com) If you chose to make hotel reservations separately from the
registration process – click here.
Speakers are encouraged to make reservations early to assure availability. You will be asked for a credit card to guarantee your hotel reservation. If your speaker entitlement includes any hotel nights to be covered by ACMG – those nights will automatically be applied to the ACMG master account and you will be required to pay for only those nights you are responsible for plus your incidentals at check-out.
TRAVEL: Travel can be made on your own, or if your speaker entitlement includes paid travel - please utilize the ACMG travel partner Globetrotter Travel to have the costs billed directly to ACMG. Contact information for Globetrotter is included in the speaker confirmation letter and the Financial and Travel Guidelines for Invited Speakers and Moderators available for download on this page.
Invited Speaker/Moderator Guidelines
This document contains guidelines for moderators, invited speakers, and oral platform presenters regarding Presentation Preparation, AV information, instructions for on-site and Disclosure Statement instructions. To ensure as smooth a technical program as possible in Charlotte every presenter’s involvement in this effort will be appreciated.
Download Speaker/Moderator and Oral Abstract Presenter Guidelines
Financial and Travel Guidelines for Invited Speakers and Moderators
This document outlines financial entitlements per speaker roles and information on travel, per diem, etc.
Download Financial Guidelines for Invited Speaker and Moderators
Please check this page periodically for updates and important speaker information. Feel free to contact ACMG Meetings at anytime if you need assistance - firstname.lastname@example.org.