Interact, Learn, Watch and Connect on ACMG’s Social Media Pages
Social Networking @ the ACMG Annual Meeting
Social media is your gateway to connect and participate in thought-leading conversations with thousands of genetics professionals before, during and after the 2015 ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting - #ACMGMtg16.
Top 5 Uses of Social Media for #ACMGMtg16
1. Network with like-minded genetics and genomics professionals.
2. Share ideas, insights and commentary from the education sessions and oral and poster sessions.
3. Find valuable industry information and resources.
4. Discuss cutting-edge innovations, topics and trends.
5. Experience more of the meeting through other attendees’ eyes.
Join thousands of genetics professionals via the following ACMsocial communities: <
Facebook - “Like” and follow ACMG on Facebook and read the latest news, resources, awards, grants, Annual Meeting information, research, podcasts, media clips, CME and online learning, updates on the ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine and much more.>
And New to Facebook - “Like” Genetics in Medicine, the official journal of the ACMG, on Facebook and read the latest articles available ahead of print, podcasts, Web focuses, Research Highlights and much more.
Twitter – Follow ACMG on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/theacmg (@theACMG) and use our hashtags for general College news (#theACMG) ACMG Foundation and Meeting news and conversations (#ACMGMtg16) for both the Annual Meeting and the Genetics Review Course.
New: Follow Genetics in Medicine on Twitter (@GIMJournal)
||YouTube – Did you know that ACMG has its own YouTube Channel? Check out and subscribe to it at www.YouTube.com/TheACMGChannel. Join the nearly 30,000 viewers who have watched videos from the Annual Meeting, Media coverage, Foundation programs and awards, the “Genetics and Your Health” and “Careers in Medical Genetics” series and the very popular “Medical Genetics Residency Programs: Medical Genetics is the Future of Medicine.”
LinkedIn – For ACMG Meeting news on LinkedIn, there is an ACMG Meeting page on LinkedIn and it is open to all. Discussions on this page are limited to ACMG meeting related activities. Any advertisements, promotions commercial messages or job postings will be deleted!
If you are an ACMG member, you are invited to the ACMG Member Only page on LinkedIn. Members are given advance news before the public and member-only information here.
ACMG Social Media Policy for the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting
ACMG Meeting attendees and participants are encouraged to participate in social media activities about the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting by using the hashtag #ACMGMtg16. Discussion of general topics, speakers, and presentations is permitted as a way to briefly summarize or highlight material and the conference in general within the following guidelines:
- Taking photos, videos or audiotapes of slides, posters and presenters or questions and answers are not permitted
- Rudeness, inappropriate remarks or images or personal attacks are not permitted
- Copyright and other intellectual property laws must be observed
- Brief quotes from sessions may be shared unless the speaker explicitly asks that it not be shared
- Social media posts cannot imply any kind of endorsement by ACMG
- ACMG reserves the right to delete inappropriate comments