Media registration provides full access to all meeting sessions and events.
Press Registration is now open
Eligible media representatives may register by contacting Kathy Moran or 301-238-4582
Press Badge Information
Who is Eligible for a Complimentary Press Badge?
To maintain quality news coverage and media representation during the meeting, members of the media need current, official credentials to attend sessions and events or enter the exhibit hall. You must meet the following criteria and present acceptable identification to qualify for a complimentary press badge.
- Press credentials are intended for members of the working media who are reporting on events, programs and activities of ACMG and its attendees, speakers, or exhibitors.
- Those requesting media registration must be currently employed by a publication or news organization, and your press badge will reflect this affiliation. Freelance writers, writers for college and online publications, and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge.
- Advertising, public relations, marketing and sales representatives, and other non-editorial staff from any media outlet will not be granted press badges and must register through general registration and pay appropriate fees. Similarly, non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media representatives must pay registration fees via attendee registration.
- Proper, non-expired credentials must be presented when registering onsite at the Washington State Convention Center.
- Recording for radio and television is allowed unless a particular speaker or presenter expressly prohibits it for his or her presentation. Any crew member(s) accompanying a reporter for these purposes will also require a press badge for entry to the show.
Proof of Eligibility
- Officially issued press credentials
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from managing editor/producer of an approved media outlet
- Recent publication masthead with your name and title News article published within the past six months with your byline
- Assignment letters may be sent in advance to the attention of Kathy Moran via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to bring a photo ID and your printed Registration Confirmation (sent via email to you when you register). Registration materials will NOT be mailed to you.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information about ACMG and the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting by joining our press list.