Ancillary and In-Conjunction-With Meetings
Any group (meeting registrants and/or exhibiting companies) wishing to hold any meeting or event during the ACMG Annual Meeting must first get approval from ACMG.
Ancillary and affiliate meetings may occur only during the following times:
|Tuesday, March 17:
||12:00 pm – midnight
|Wednesday, March 18:
||7:00 am – 10:00 am and 7:30 pm – midnight
|Thursday, March 19:
||7:00 pm – midnight
|Friday, March 20:
||7:00 am – 8:30 am and 7:00 pm – midnight
|Saturday March 21:
||3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Note: Events where attendees are invited may be held only during the above noted times. Exhibitor pre-conference staff meetings/orientations and internal corporate sales, business, or staff meetings that do not include meeting attendees may be held at any time.
DEADLINE: January 31, 2020
The ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting presents a prime opportunity for affiliates of ACMG – i.e. ACMG members, patient groups and nonprofit organizations, exhibitors, corporate supporters, to hold meetings and events in connection with the ACMG Meeting. ACMG encourages affiliates to take advantage of this opportunity, and has established a set of guidelines to be followed when planning and hosting ancillary, hospitality and In-Conjunction-With meetings during the ACMG Annual Meeting. All events held in conjunction with the ACMG meeting must adhere to these guidelines, regardless of the meeting location.
How to schedule your event:
- Complete the Hospitality and ICW Guidelines and Application Form
- Once your event is approved, the Washington State Convention Center and hotels with an ACMG block will be notified that your event is approved, and your contact information will be sent to them
- Contact information for event coordinators at the Washington State Convention Center and hotels in the block will be supplied to you.
- You work directly with the venues to secure space and services for your event. See a list of hotels.
1. Prohibited Events
Competing educational functions of any kind will not be allowed during the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting (Tuesday, March 17 through Saturday, March 21, 2020):
With the exception of ACMG-approved Satellite Symposia, the ACMG does not permit the presentation (in any media form) of symposia, educational activities or special programs supported by commercial firms, organizations, third-party firms or universities that are directed toward meeting attendees at any time during the Annual Meeting.
2. Types of Approved Meetings or Events
Exhibitors and Academic Institutions may, with the prior written approval of the ACMG, hold certain types of events during ACMG 2020 in San Antonio from Tuesday, March 17 through Saturday, March 21, 2020 (time restrictions also apply, please see chart above).
Types of permitted meetings:
A. Exhibit Company Staff Rooms
1. Offices: Rooms reserved on a 24-hour basis for exhibit company staff to use as an office, workroom, hospitality suite or meal room. ACMG 2020 attendees are not permitted in this space unless they are a full-time employee of the exhibiting company for which the room is reserved.
2. Meeting Rooms: Rooms reserved for exhibit company staff to use as a space to hold a pre-con meeting or a daily debrief meeting. ACMG 2020 attendees are not permitted in this space unless they are a full-time employee of the exhibiting company for which the room is reserved.
B. Social Functions
Receptions and hospitality events, university and hospital alumni events. Social functions are networking events only with no educational components.
This includes events such as receptions and dinners held at nearby restaurants or special event venues.
C. Committee Meetings / Advisory Board Meetings / Investigator Meetings / Focus Groups
Committees, task forces, advisory/ executive boards, investigator meetings or focus groups of or for exhibiting companies, universities, or nonprofit organizations, academic centers or nonprofits.
Any types of function held in conjunction with the ACMG Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting by exhibiting companies, attendees or other affiliates, whether at ACMG meeting facilities or at outside venues must be approved by ACMG. Such events may not be held during official ACMG events, scientific sessions, oral abstract presentations, exhibits or poster presentations.
Meeting space is limited and In-Conjunction-With meeting requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for meeting requests is Friday, January 31, 2020
. Space for these meetings will be approved only to requestors who are affiliated with ACMG, such as exhibitors, corporate sponsors, nonprofit organizations, ACMG members, and annual meeting attendees. Commercial companies must be contracted exhibitors in order to request meeting space. Requests for meeting space may be rejected if a company has not signed a contract by the January 31, 2020 deadline. Hotels in the ACMG room block will not reserve meeting rooms/function space for meetings for any individuals/organizations during the ACMG meeting without prior approval from ACMG. Once approved, your company will work directly with the ACMG meeting facilities or outside venue staff to arrange for space, set up, food/beverage, audiovisual equipment, etc.
Direct questions regarding Affiliate and In-Conjunction-With
meetings and events to Jenna Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org