NEW! The GENEius Challenge
The inaugural GENEius Challenge will give geneticists and genetic counselors in training an opportunity to compete for fun and a trophy while attending the Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City. Future members of the genetics team, currently enrolled in a training program are invited to participate in the challenge. The GENEius Challenge will be in a Jeopardy-style format, with an online Knowledge Quiz to pre-qualify contestants for participation in the game. The top nine contestants will be invited to go head-to-head in one of three live Jeopardy-style qualifying rounds. The winner of each qualifying round will compete in the final round to determine the winner of the 2023 GENEius Challenge Award.
Thank you to those who signed up to compete, you will receive an email at the beginning of January with instructions for completing the online Knowledge Quiz.
Questions in all three stages of the challenge will be on these topics. Questions will be available in five (5) levels of difficulty for every topic.
Prenatal genetics | Cancer genetics | Biochemical and metabolic genetics | Clinical genetics | Laboratory genetics and genomics | Genetics trivia
Online Knowledge Quiz
Sign up to enter the contest is now closed. Contestants will receive an email with details for completing the online Knowledge Quiz at the beginning of January. The quiz will be open during the month of January 2023.
- Each contestant will take the test individually without assistance.
- The quiz will consist of 25 questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Any unanswered or skipped question will count as an incorrect answer.
- Scores will be determined based on the number of questions answered correctly and the amount of time used. The nine top-scoring individuals will be invited to participate in the GENEius Challenge during the meeting in Salt Lake City.
- All scores are confidential.
ACMG does not authorize any copying, reproduction, disclosing, or otherwise sharing of any GENEius Challenge questions or related content.
The nine contestants with the best scores in the Online Knowledge Quiz will be invited to participate in the GENEius Challenge during the annual meeting in Salt Lake City.
- Each contestant will compete in one qualifying round
- Qualifying rounds will be in live Jeopardy-style format
- Qualifying rounds will take place on:
Wednesday, March 15 at 6:00 pm
Thursday, March 16 at 3:30 pm
Friday, March 17 at 12:00 pm
- The qualifying rounds will take place in the Learning Lounge in the Exhibit Hall.
GENEius Challenge Finale
The grand finale! The three semi-finalists will participate in the Championship round onstage in the plenary session room. The final challenge will take place on Saturday, March 18th. All contestants must participate IN PERSON.
Cash prizes will be awarded based on contestant performance in the live GENEius Challenge competition in Salt Lake City
Each semi-finalist Challenge Champion